Whether you came to the Public Conference and enjoyed the Lyceum weekend in Fort Worth or had to miss it, you will want to watch this video which captures our experience!
It’s said that in Texas, football is a religion. It shapes our ethos and is a part of our state’s DNA. Kids grow up playing Pop Warner and watching “America’s Team” with dreams of becoming gridiron greats. Towns shut down on Friday nights to flock to the local stadium for high school games. Season tickets for college football games sell out years in advance. Players are willing to sacrifice their bodies and minds for a chance at glory.
For our 2016 Public Conference, the Texas Lyceum will explore the intersection of Texas football, business and public policy. We’ll investigate topics of ethics and leadership, health and wellbeing, and the impact of sports on our economy and our communities. We’ll talk to athletes, coaches, parents, physicians, recruiters, journalists, equipment manufacturers and more.
On April 1 on the campus of TCU in Fort Worth, we will convene an interactive, dynamic, and informative day of content that will provide insight into the big business of football in Texas like you’ve never imagined it. Take a look at our confirmed list of speakers below or click here for our full agenda. This is an action-packed day you will not want to miss.
No refunds will be given after Monday, March 28, 2016. Pricing information is below.
- Britton Banowsky, Executive Director, College Football Playoff Foundation
- Ben Blocker, Experience Marketing Director, C3 Presents (Producers of NFL Draft)
- Dr. Charles Breithaupt, Executive Director, UIL
- Sandra Bond Chapman, Ph.D., Founder/Chief Director, Center for Brain Health, University of Texas at Dallas and Dee Wyly Distinguished University Professor
- Tara Green, President, Klyde Warren Park
- Jennifer Hale, Sideline Reporter, Fox Sports
- Dale Hansen, Sports Anchor, WFAA
- Clark Hood, Vice President, Southwest Division, VICIS
- Mathew Matheny, Attorney, Provost Umphrey Law Firm
- Betsy Price, Fort Worth Mayor
- Daron K. Roberts, Former NFL Coach and Founding Director, Center for Sports Leadership and Innovation, University of Texas at Austin
- D.W. Rutledge, Executive Director, Texas High School Coaches' Association
- Brad Sham, Play-by-Play Voice of the Dallas Cowboys
- Lauren Silverman, Health, Science and Technology Reporter, KERA News
- Reilly Fox, Kicker, Paschal High School Football Team
- Ricky Williams, 1998 Heisman Trophy Winner, Former NFL Player, Longhorn Network Commentator
- Troy Vincent, Sr., EVP, National Football League
- Craig Way, Host, AM 1300 The Zone and High School Scoreboard Live on Fox Sports Southwest Play-by-Play Announcer, Texas Longhorns
Conference registration includes breakfast and lunch. Registration for the general public is $175; Texas Tribune Members are $150; Coaches, Referees and Administrators are $125. We have a limited number of student seats at $100 each. Lyceum Alumni and guests of Lyceum members are $100.
Thank you to the following sponsors:
Texas Lyceum Class of 2014